[mythtv-users] Nvidia 8400GS PCI, High Xorg CPU, Tearing

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 03:17:59 UTC 2008

> Does anyone know the best way to get VDPAU up and running on a gentoo box?
> I used the berkano overlay to get the new nvidia-drivers, but wasn't
> sure about ffmpeg and mythtv.
>
> Thanks,
> Lee

I couldn't get mplayer to compile from the berkano overlay (
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-508174-start-575.html).  I ended up
just downloading
mplayer-vdpau-3139462.tar.bz2<ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/vdpau/mplayer-vdpau-3139462.tar.bz2>from
the nvidia site (as mentioned in the original post).  I just followed
the readme & it's working well for me.  Don't forget to enable Composite in
your xorg.conf or you may get a green screen during playback

Dave