[mythtv-users] Auto shutdown/wakeup on modern MBs (specificly ASUS M3N78-VM)

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Fri Dec 5 18:39:19 UTC 2008

I'm looking at building a combined FE/BE for my parents for Christmas.

I saw some good comments about the ASUS M3N78-VM recently on this list, and
I was wondering if anyone had it working with auto suspend/restart, or
conversely has negative comments and I should look elsewhere.

I know, building a machine for parents was a hot topic a while ago. However,
my Mom is an original Cobol programmer from the IBM 1401 days, currently
runs Linux on her desktop, refuses to touch Windows .. . oh, and we're
partners running an ISP. :-)

The only issue would be if I told them they had to leave it on 24x7. Dad's
on a green kick and definitely won't go for that.