[mythtv-users] AGP interface graphics card with VDPAU support?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Dec 4 22:53:11 UTC 2008

On Thursday 04 December 2008 15:47:05 William wrote:
> lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com wrote:
> > Surely with these older motherboards it would be cheaper to buy a new
> > 8200 based mobo then try and buy a AGP based card, which are really
> > expensive.
> >
> > --
> > Lindsay Mathieson
> > http://album.mathieson.org.nz/
>
> That may be an option in a few months however ATM its going to be hard
> enough to get WAF high enough to squeeze the budget for a new video card
> with x-mas just around the corner... On the other hand, perhaps a few
> printouts of motherboards with a santa sticker left on the coffee table
> might get santa to spring for one :)

I have learned over the years to never let "Santa" buy me electronics gear.
Santa is just not savvy enough to know what I need, and he seems to get
swayed by any sales pitch he gets from the 17-year-old "experts" at the Big
Box stores.

Just get the money, and buy things yourself. I'd stay away from gift cards
though, since those companies are marginal at this time, and may well go
under.

--
beww
beww at beww.org