[mythtv-users] alsa conf question

David Knight dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Dec 4 10:27:54 UTC 2008

On Thu, December 4, 2008 1:49 am, jansenj wrote:
>> Which distro are you using ? Fedora outputs using ALSA via analog and
>> digital ports by default.
>
> I'm using mythbuntu, so ubuntu

Well I was searching again on google yesterday evening and found some more
links that could be relevant ? - The method that restores audio for me is
the following:

1. Stop the ALSA service (on Fedora this is "service alsasound stop").
2. Remove the /etc/asound.state file, or rename it e.g. /etc/asound.state.bak
3. Start the ALSA service (on Fedora this is "service alsasound start").
4. I then restarted my X session by logging out and logging back on (maybe
restart the system just to be sure).
5. You made need to launch alsamixer and restore the correct volume levels
(and ensure that the IEC958 - SPDIF outputs are not muted).
6. Analog audio should be restored to analog and spdif outputs at the same
time.
7. Check that your audio output device configured in Mythfrontend is
"ALSA:Default" and mixer is set to ALSA:Default.