[mythtv-users] vdpau failure

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Thu Dec 4 09:05:35 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 04:54:57PM +0800, Mark Kendall wrote:
> 2008/12/4 Seth Daniel <mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org>:
> > When playing with my now
> > working VDPAU those same issues appear again.  In the frontend log I see
> > that interlacing gets turned on and off and on and then off during the
> > playing of an interlaced video.  Sometimes I see that it complains that
> > the refresh rate is too low etc...  IOW the same things that were
> > happening with my previous (un-patched) MythTV installations.  With
> > VDPAU is this checking strictly necessary?  Will I need to continue to
> > patch MythTV so that I can play interlaced content on my television?
>
> I don't think vdpau deinterlacing has settled down yet but I suspect
> those issues around flipping between interlaced/progressive won't go
> away soon - I get it on several of my channels.

Oh, there was one other thing, although I think you and others are
already aware of it.

I can play 720p content on my 256M card through the frontend, but I
cannot play 1080i content through the frontend.  However the 1080i
content will play when I use the 'mythtv' player.

I know some people are wondering about what will play with a 256M card
and what won't.

--
seth /\ sethdaniel.org