[mythtv-users] vdpau failure

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Thu Dec 4 08:47:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 04:31:16PM +0800, Mark Kendall wrote:
> 2008/12/4 carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi <carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi>:
> > I believe I read somewhere (probably the mythtv-commits list or the VDPAU
> > docs) that a green screen will be displayed in place of the video if the
> > Composite extension is not enabled.
>
> I don't think that's correct - certainly not for me. I never use
> composite and vdpau is working fine.

FWIW, I turned Composite on (I had it explicitly turned off for some
reason) and now it works.   Thank you Mr. Bjorkell.

A different issue: I've had issues in the past with interlaced material.
(see http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/281528 for all
the details, Mr. Kendall may remember it).  When playing with my now
working VDPAU those same issues appear again.  In the frontend log I see
that interlacing gets turned on and off and on and then off during the
playing of an interlaced video.  Sometimes I see that it complains that
the refresh rate is too low etc...  IOW the same things that were
happening with my previous (un-patched) MythTV installations.  With
VDPAU is this checking strictly necessary?  Will I need to continue to
patch MythTV so that I can play interlaced content on my television?

--
seth /\ sethdaniel.org