[mythtv-users] vdpau failure

carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi carl-magnus.bjorkell at pp.inet.fi
Thu Dec 4 08:15:28 UTC 2008

>On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 02:45:04PM +0800, Mark Kendall wrote:
>> 2008/12/4 Seth Daniel <mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org>:
>> >  http://sethd.org/myth/mythtv.out.log
>> >  http://sethd.org/myth/frontend.log
>>
>> Nothing stands out from either log - have you tried some other
>> recordings (e.g. maybe some SD mpeg2)
>
>I don't have any SD mpeg2. :o)
>
>I've been messing with my vdpau patched mplayer.  Regardless of whether
>I try to use VDPAU or not it displays a nice green screen for the video.
>
>My system installed mplayer will happily play the video correctly.  I'm
>not certain what's going on here.

Hi,

I believe I read somewhere (probably the mythtv-commits list or the VDPAU
docs) that a green screen will be displayed in place of the video if the
Composite extension is not enabled.

I haven't gotten VDPAU working myself (can't even get as far as the green
screen), so I cannot confirm this, but it's worth a try.