[mythtv-users] VDPAU update from the front lines, December 2008

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Thu Dec 4 04:42:39 UTC 2008

} >
} > I'd still love to hear more on your experience with the HD-PVR on
} > 0.21-fixes. Anything else to report, pro or con?
}

the bad:
I about 3 times since they came out have had to unload and reload
the device drivers for mine. But this was with the original drivers
from back when they first came out. Just recently upgraded everything
to a) use vdpau and b) do 5.1 audio. I also have 3 of them plugged
into the same machine so this might be part of it. at boot time
they dont always get assigned to the same /dev/video? port.
which only matters if you have usb channel changers.
sometimes it tries to record on one unit but change the channel
of the STB hooked to another unit...

the good:
have have run through many terabytes of recordings from them
(720p @ 6mbits) and have always had great results.

though if you put the units where you can see them from the
couch, get some thick black tape to cover the lights, they are
really bright.

--
"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
steve at heistand.org