[mythtv-users] Geforce 8200 already advisable, working out-of-the-box?

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Thu Dec 4 01:40:31 UTC 2008

Mark Jenks wrote:
> I just built a BE/FE with the M3N78 Pro, and have audio/video over HDMI
> (alsa 1.0.18a) working perfectly.   It has the 8300 chipset on it, and
> full 7.1 audio (which I broke apart for my Jinzora setup).

On another mailing list (unrelated to Myth) someone was asking about
audio over HDMI. I told him to google the mythtv and alsa forums for

Is there a HOWTO about audio over HDMI? What are the special
requirements (if any)? Do you need the latest ALSA, the latest NVidia
drivers, some kernel version, or some specific hardware?

Florin Andrei