[mythtv-users] To survive the switch to digital...

Dwight Hubbard dwight at dwightandamy.com
Thu Dec 4 01:31:40 UTC 2008

I've been kind of wondering if running a VM as a plugin would work.  I.E
install windows, install browser plugins, go to desired website (say
http://www.nbc.com/Video/library/full-episodes/), snapshot the vm.  Set up
the VM to revert to snapshot on power off.

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Nick Ellson <grimm at nickellson.com> wrote:
> >

> > Interesting idea.. treaming shows from the network websites.. any chance
> > they post show streams in a reasonable locatable location that a MythTV
> > module could be written to display? That's be handy. :)
> >

> > --
> > Nick Ellson
> > CCIE# 20018
> > MCSE 2000, Security+, Network+
> > Network Hobbyist, VFR Private Pilot.
> >

> http://www.nbc.com/Video/library/full-episodes/
>
> http://www.cbs.com/video/
>
> http://abc.go.com/
>
> Note that these features sort of come and go. They are not presented
> identically on different sites. Sometimes you are required to watch
> commercials. sometimes not. It varies...
>
> It would be very cool if there was some way to access this stuff in
> Myth ala the standard menus, etc.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Dwight Hubbard
Owner Effective Automation Solutions LLC
Website: http://effectiveautomationsolutions.com
Blog: http://computing.dwighthubbard.info
Email: dwight at dwighthubbard.com
Phone: (503) 616-4493
Redhat Certified Engineer - RHCE #804007137224095
VMware Certified Professional - VCP #18529