[mythtv-users] graphics card memory needed for VDPAU & HDPVR

Andy Zobro ajzobro at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 04:06:13 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com>wrote:

> On Dec 2, 2008, at 4:51 PM, Scott D. Davilla wrote:
>
> > Hi James:
> >
> > This is what you want, but they are sold out at newegg. I must have
> > gotten one of the last few ( :) ) but at least it will give you a
> > part number/description to search.
> >

> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187042&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-
>
> I got this one:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121240
>
> > The 256MB/512MB info is a little confusing. Reports under MythTV
> > seems to need 512MB but it might be due to hogging GPU memory
> > resources. Mplayer on the other hand seems just fine with 256MB. It's
> > still early to know for sure. I got the 512MB version because it was
> > only $10 more than the 256MB version.
>
> I'm not having any issue with the 256MB card that I know of. The only
> issue I'm having is the white OSD that other people are reporting even
> with 512MB cards. I'm playing back 720p 13Mbps content from an HD-PVR.
> Quite happy with the temperature and quality.
>
> -Brad

*THAT* is exactly what I wanted to hear.  Brad, I'm new to the mailing list
do you have any more information about your setup?  I've been leaning
towards a proposed setup I read about here:

Any more information you could give (or link to previous posts) would be
greatly appreciated.

- AZ