[mythtv-users] OT: Wiring a new construction home for A/V, Ethernet, etc

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 16:49:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 12:52 AM, Allen Edwards
<allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> You got a ton of great advice.

You aren't kidding!  Thanks a ton everyone.  I've got a ton of work
ahead of me, and this will only help me hone my focus and go down the
right path.

Any thoughts on if I should run my own AC wire as well?  One person
mentioned that, in addition to all of the A/V stuff, networking, etc
stuff I should also home run all the electrical stuff to a single
closet as well to futureproof for home automation reasons.  I hadn't
planned on touching any of the "hot" stuff like outlets, switches,
etc...I was going to leave that up to the qualified electrician.  But,
is this something I should either do myself or ask my electrician to
do for me?

Thanks!
Matt