[mythtv-users] mythweb/remote

Jonny B jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 10:54:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 2:42 AM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
> Jonny B wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 6:33 PM, jansenj <jansenj+myth at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Let me follow up to my own thread.  Last time I looked at the source for
>>> mythweb/remote, it looks like when you select the frontend-only system, it
>>> simple trys an http access to frontend-only-ip/mythweb/remote.  This would
>>> imply to me that in order for the remote feature to work, you must have a
>>> backend installed so you can run mythweb on each system you want to control
>>> from mythweb/remote.  Does anyone know if I am way off in left field?
>>
>> MythWeb is a seperate package from mythbackend. Can you try installing
>> just the mythweb portion on the frontend, and see if that is
>> sufficient.

> Are you sure you need multiple installations of MythWeb. Installation
> on the master backend should be sufficient, and then you access it from
> any other computer using a web browser.

No, I am not sure. I was just responding to the OP's request. They are
looking to use the remote functions on their frontend, but don't have
the appropriate paths installed. I presume that the scripts to control
the frontend are in the mythweb package, and suggested that be
installed.

> I'm not sure what you are trying to do. You said something about
> selecting box B from the MythWeb session. What aspect of box B do
> you wish to control via MythWeb? Box B, being front end only, you can't
> set up recordings on it.

Sounds like they want to use a web browser as a remote control.

~Jon