[mythtv-users] OT: Computer Hardware for sale

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 00:42:09 UTC 2008

> My mailing list is not ebay.  Further posts of this nature will not be
> tolerated.

Not that I'm interested (and not that the OP wasn't well afoul of the
list rules), but just for reference is there any limit to what's
acceptable and what isn't?

Clearly, posting a parts lists and prices is not acceptable.

Is it acceptable to, say, post a message that, "I'm selling my old
backend and some other gear, please contact off list for details"? Is
it acceptable to submit a legitimate question or other post and finish
it with "I'm selling my old backend and some other gear, please
contact off list for details"?

Just curious what the list owner and community think.

Please note: I'm not selling anything and do not want to be contacted off list.