[mythtv-users] The state of ATSC closed captioning

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 22:34:51 UTC 2008

Does anyone know if any work is being done to improve the state of
ATSC closed captioning in Myth? I use them regularly to watch TV at
lower volume levels so I don't wake up the kids. They seem to get
displayed on the left side of the screen and often get cut off or
overlap one another. I really wasn't concerned until recently as the
Feb 2009 cut off date for analog is getting close.

I did a search on Trac and didn't find anything open but I'm far from
an expert and may have missed something. I did see one patch that is
supposed to keep all the captions visable but I can't tell if it (or
something like it) has been incorporated into 0.21-fixes.

Am I the only person concerned about this?

Thanks,
Richard