[mythtv-users] OT: Wiring a new construction home for A/V, Ethernet, etc

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Mon Dec 1 22:00:53 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 02:56:21PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
> On Monday 01 December 2008 14:53:24 Steven Adeff wrote:
> > Good advice, as a note, don't have more than 360deg worth of bends in
> > the conduit, it makes pulling cable a PITA, and technically it's
> > against code.
>
> Ah, CODE, that's the word I was waiting for on this thread.
>
> The codes also specify just how full you can stuff the conduit.
>
> Also, make sure you do not try and mix high voltage and low voltage cables in
> the same pipe.
>
> The codes specify how the concuit is to be attached to the structure, what
> type of conduit to use (rigid, semi-rigid, and various other types).

For the complete novice where can one find this code?  I assume we're
talking about some kind of national (US) organization that writes this
code.  Are local codes typically more restrictive?  Is there a site that
points out differences between local codes and any 'national' code?  Or
how about a site that directs you to a document (or documents) that
describe local codes?

Thanks.

--
seth /\ sethdaniel.org