[mythtv-users] VDPAU w/HD-PVR and more

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Dec 1 20:47:45 UTC 2008

On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:37 PM, Steve Heistand wrote:

> in my limited tests no. but towards long term stability I cant say.
> there may be heat issues as my video card is fanless.
> since my hardware fast enough already I didnt seem the point aside
> from just trying it out for kicks. so stopped using it.
> especially since I couldnt play my movie mkv files.

I have a fanless 8400GS with 256MB RAM. Running at "maximum
performance" (500Mhz NV Clock/333Mhz Memory Clock) the Core
Temperature doesn't get above 60°C running highest bandwidth captures
from the HD-PVR. Normal X usage I'm seeing it idle around 55°C. Takes
about 3 minutes to heat up to that point and stayed there for the
entire 1 hour program.

-Brad