[mythtv-users] Appearance problem

Isaac Wingfield isw at witzend.com
Mon Dec 1 19:21:11 UTC 2008

I have a working MythBuntu box, and I sometimes use MythFrontend on
my OS X Mac to view the content. Both work fine, but there's a
readability problem that I can't figure out how to fix.

Both frontends use the "Iulius" theme, and for most things, the
appearance of both is very similar. However, when I try to do some
setup, Utilities/Setup/Appearance for example, on the MythBuntu box,
the text entry boxes have white text on a blue background (which is
fine), while the MythFrontend on my Mac has white letters on a
*white* background -- nearly impossible to read. I tried choosing a
couple of different themes, but it seems that the setup pages are
always the same, except for the background, which changes to match
the selected theme.

Now I suppose this is something that could be adjusted if I knew
which XML file to tweak, but after some looking at the files in the
application package (on the Mac), I cannot find anything that looks
promising.

Can anyone point me to the proper file to tweak?

Thanks.

Isaac