[mythtv-users] hardware question for PAL system

cosimo Rossi cosimofi74 at hotmail.it
Mon Dec 1 17:46:13 UTC 2008

Hello

I'm a new user. I live in Italy so we have PAL system.

I would like to buy a new hardware for install mythtv (mythbuntu) and create silent a perfect HTPC.

I would like to create a system with this functions :

- Analogue Tv signal

- DVB-S (satellite signal)

- DVB-T (Terresterial  signal)

- FM Tuner
- Music.

I have a DVD player, chassis, harddisk 180Gb 2,5 Sata and memory...

My budget is < 200-250 EURO (about 250$-300$ ) for buy: motherboard micro-atx, CPU, sound system, and TV card for tv signal.

Could you give me a feedback for this hardware ?
I think about this :

-- CPU = Celeron E1500 da 2.2GHz (50 Euro)
-- ASUS P5N motherboard S775      (60 Euro)
       NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / nForce 630i
       Supports Playback of HD DVD and Blu-ray Discs with HDCP
       Supports Dual-VGA output ( RGB & HDMI/DVI )
       Integrated NVIDIA CineFX 3.0 graphics
       Gb LAN & 8-Channel High Definition audio
       4 x SATA 3Gb/s with RAID function
-- Stremzap pc remote (30 euro)

I have 60euro=80$  for the TV card .

Could you suggest a Tv card all in one ? (Analogue Tv + DVB-T + FM Tuner and DVB-S )

What do you think about this system ?

cosimo