[mythtv-users] Just how great can VDPAU be?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Dec 1 04:50:51 UTC 2008

On Nov 30, 2008, at 8:40 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:

> Steve Heistand <steve at heistand.org> says:
>> as a data point my 256M 8600gt works on some files (7% load vs
>> 25-30% on cpu for same file) and some files it does have issues. The
>> audio goes normally but the video loops the same 1-2 sec segment.
>
> For other VDPAU experimenters, is this due to the newly-reported
>> 256MB video RAM requirement?

I have an nVidia 256MB 8400GS and haven't seen anything like this. I
bumped up my HD-PVR to the highest quality setting and it all looks
good aside from some sync line near the top of the screen. I think my
display is set to 60hz but Ubuntu will only let me set it to 61 for
some reason. OTA HD looks blocky, h264 content looks beautiful. OSD is
all white and unusable. I'd say it's a pretty excellent start!