[mythtv-users] To survive the switch to digital...

Nick Ellson grimm at nickellson.com
Mon Dec 1 04:07:41 UTC 2008

I have Comcast Cable with just basic channels + Discovery (they put a low
pass filter on my line to block the rest of the basic cable channels and
charge me much less $14.99/month) And I am currently using two PVR500 dual
tuners so that my wife has 4 tuners to record various TV with.

I have no interest in messing with HD TV as we record most everything and
don't really have the space.

I want to understand what I am up against with the switch to Digital. I
was told (though I am not sure they understood) by comcast that I would
get two boxes that do the conversions for me from their digital signal to
something my tuners can handle.

Any advice on what I can read up on about what I will be getting into?

Nick

--
Nick Ellson
CCIE# 20018