[mythtv-users] Control with Nokia N770,800 or 810

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Dec 1 02:33:31 UTC 2008

Info at pc-copy.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to control Mythtv with Nokia N Serie? Control my HTPC and See
> Videos on the Nokia?
>
> Regards
>
> Roland

Check out mythetomer. There is a client which runs on your N810 and a
server which runs on your mythbox.

http://netti.nic.fi/~icewood/mythetomer/index.php

The client is available from the usual maemo repos.

Works nicely. The gui, unfortunately is not as powerful, as it stands,
as a dedicated remote...But that's fine tuning. The structure is there
and working.  Ubuntu server packages are available from the web site. I
built a fedora server from source.

Recommended.

Geoff