[mythtv-users] Just how great can VDPAU be?

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Mon Dec 1 02:33:40 UTC 2008

so for kicks I updated to the latest trunk, installed the
beta nvidia drivers and compiled in the vdpau options.
aside from a bit of an issue compiling the latest hdpvr
stuff all went well. But that aside since everything worked
just fine before without vdpau how will I know/notice
the supposed advantage of using vdpau?

as a side note my favored theme (project greyhem)
in the latest build is not so good anymore. though
the other themes have issues as well. mostly the
browse videos area..
not so much a question here but a comment...

--
"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
steve at heistand.org