[mythtv-users] DVB-T (UK) EIT Guide Missing default authority descriptor on FIVE US and FIVER

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 22:39:36 UTC 2008

On 30/08/2008, Douglas Mackay <douglas.mackay at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've been looking into the cause of some of my duplicate recordings and
> have noticed that 'FIVE US' and 'FIVER' don't have their default authority
> descriptor set in the EIT guide. FIVE seems fine.
> >
> > e.g. CSI: Miami on FIVE tonight :-
> >
> > 5 Five
> > CSI: Miami:
> > Bang, Bang, Your Debt
> > Tue, Aug 26, 09:00 PM to 10:00 PM (63 mins)
> >
> > Category:      Drama
> > Type:     tvshow (www.five.tv/R98U)
> > Original Airdate:     2000
> > Programme ID:     www.five.tv/V4QR8
> >
> > the repeat tomorrow on 'FIVE US' :-
> >
> > 35 Five US
> > CSI: Miami:
> > Bang, Bang, Your Debt
> > Wed, Aug 27, 09:00 PM to 10:00 PM (60 mins)
> >
> > Category:      Drama
> > Type:     tvshow (/R98U)
> > Original Airdate:     2000
> > Programme ID:     /V4QR8
> >
> > Is this the same for everyone else? (I receive from the Blackhill
> transmitter)
>
> Does no one else have this problem?

I see the same on a test box pointed at Sutton Coldfield (I use the
Radio Times listings on my real backend).

For the CSI Miami ep "Deep Freeze":

Five - www.five.tv/V4BQ1
Five US - V4BQ1

I haven't rescanned the box for some time, and don't know if the
default authority is broadcast in the EPG constantly, or whether it's
recorded during channel scanning and just appended to the programme ID
when listing are processed.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott