[mythtv-users] MS MCE remote vs Hauppage Nova T remote (or other?)

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Sun Aug 31 21:54:27 UTC 2008

I got a Hauppage Nova T remote which I had set up once but haven't
re-set up since I started the new system as my wife preferred to use our
Keysonic Wireless Keyboard even when it was up and running smoothly. I
feel like I should have a remote set up for user friendliness when
family visit and wondered if the Microsoft MCE remote was much better
then Hauppage's in any way?

Previously, I've not wanted and MS rubbish as part of my Myth boxes, but
I recently bought an Apple keyboard which we all really like and now the
idea of a MS remote amuses me.

Anyway, looking for your thoughts on the difference between the two or
any other remote recommendations that wouldn't break the bank.

Cheers
Damian