[mythtv-users] Myth autoexpiring brand new shows

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Aug 29 08:12:22 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> says:
> Let's say you have 6 recordings all happening at the same
> time. Since your local drive is almost full, they all get recorded
> to the network drive. Then you lose all of your recordings because
> your network was so saturated that everything came screeching to a
> halt. Everything's OK, right?

I'd hope that anyone with six recording tuners and a remote drive
would be aware ahead of time of any potential network-bandwidth
issues.

As I've stated in this thread, I'm glad there are undocumented options
for adjusting the way storage groups work. My point is that the
default setting for SGweightLocalStarting makes little sense for most
people with both local and remote storage directories in a single
storage group; this thread alone has brought out four of us, and I'd
wager there's a lot more.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array