[mythtv-users] NAS mobo

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 14:10:47 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
> jedi wrote:

>>> So, after that whole discussion, the most important fac was left out.
>>>
>>> Where did you find this case ? :-)
>>>

> <http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811219021>
>
> Norco in general makes some really inexpensive cases.  Some people have
> had trouble with the hot-swap chassis but as it's basically a passive
> board there isn't much to go wrong, unless the mechanical alignment
> between the drive and the caddy and the backplane are messed up.

Now I wish I had racks at work. In the past I have stayed away from
rack mounted equipment because the cost was too much compared to the
cost of the rest of the server (less than $1500 US) minus the hard
drives. Thanks for the idea. I may still use this being that I have a
couple of dozen drives sitting on the shelf waiting to be put into
production...

John