[mythtv-users] X2 5000 enough to play HD?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 27 18:13:23 UTC 2008

On 08/27/2008 02:05 PM, Brad Fuller wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
>> Also you might want to enable 2 processors in your playback profile so
>> frontend will use one and X will use the other if you are playing back
>> something that takes more than half a core.
>>
> Where (what page) is the 2 processor setting?

It's in the Playback Profile.  (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Playback_profiles )  However, I'm
pretty certain that enabling more than one core in the profile will be a
waste (I'm assuming your HDTV is MPEG-2) since multithreaded decoding is
not (yet) supported by the MPEG-2 decoders.

Read the wiki page before editing any playback profile or playback
profile group.  Your best bet is to create your own.

Mike