[mythtv-users] Output from the Hauppauge HD-PVR?]

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Aug 27 07:04:25 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 21:49 -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> I asked about this in another thread and was told and explained that
> my AMD 64 X2 4200+ simply doesn't have the power to play back h.264
> video.
> In fact, I believe the quote was something emasculating like "woefully
> inadequate". Yup. There it is:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/345697#345697
> My system proves this. I could not get it to play at all. I have no
> idea what magical setting I have somewhere that bogs down my system so
> much that it won't play. I'm beginning to think I should reformat my
> system and start all over again from scratch and see how that goes.
> But thanks for the ray of hope!

Hmm... I'm running CentOS 5.2 (kernel 2.6.18-92.1.6.el5) on an Athlon 64
X2 Dual Core 4200, and had absolutely *no* problems whatsoever.  mplayer
version 1.0rc2-4.1.2 ran at about 80-90% within top, yielding around 52%
free.  Internal player ranged from 80-103% used within top, but couldn't
get any audio out of the stream.

MythTV Version   : 17429
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dbox2 using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3
using_live

Video card info from lspci:

00:12.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 7050 PV /
nForce 630a (rev a2)

And no, I'm not using xvmc or any filters...

	-I