[mythtv-users] How to delete a non-existent encoder from a non-existent machine?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Aug 26 21:13:28 UTC 2008

On Aug 26, 2008, at 2:01 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:

> You'll need to remove entries from the settings table that have
> associated hostnames that no longer exist on your mythtv network. I do
> not think there is currently an automated or GUI-driver way to perform
> this operation - a tool like phpMyAdmin may well be the easiest way.

If you're feeling adventurous, find out all the hostnames in your
settings table:

mysql> select hostname from settings group by hostname;
+-----------------+
| hostname        |
+-----------------+
| NULL            |
| appletv         |
| livingroom      |
| mini            |
4 rows in set (0.02 sec)

Then delete the ones you don't want.

mysql> delete from settings where hostname = 'unwantedhost';

DO NOT DELETE THE NULL HOSTNAME ENTRIES. These are used for global
settings that are not associated with a particular host.

-Brad