[mythtv-users] Deinterlace video when ripping a DVD into a divx using Mythtranscode

Pierre Hilson zorglups.mailing at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 11:59:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank you all for sharing so much information
on this mailing list.
I've been reading a lot in the last monthes and this is my first post.

I will shortly describe myself:
I'm rather used to *nix systems but I'm quite new to video aspects. Mythtv
brings me quite a few new challenges...
I created my first all in one Mythbuntu 8.04 front-end/back-end based on an
Intel D201GLY2 fanless mother board.
I configured libdvdread to be able to read my DVD's.
I output to a LG 42" Plasma using the VGA output of the motherboard. My
output profile is therefore 'progressive' if that matters.

My issue is the following.
If I rip a DVD using the 'good' quality (to transcode it into a divx), this
works fine but the divx shows interlaced frames. I downloaded the divx on a
computer running windows and opened it with VLC but the result is the same.

How can I configure Mythtranscode to apply some deinterlacing filters
de-facto ?

I've been searching a lot but feel somewhat lost...

Thank you in advance for your time.

Pierre