[mythtv-users] SPDIF sound stopped working - for AC3 + streams

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Tue Aug 26 05:47:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

The other day, and after working 100% for some weeks, my sound stopped
working for AC3 audio.  I managed to repair it with various guides around
the internets.  The whole time tv-playing worked perfectly, it was only
stored video that stopped working.  Modifying the mplayer command fixed
it.

But I've since noticed that I have no sound in streaming video (i.e.: the
streaming video *plugin* thing that downloads internet video streams).

So 2 questions:
  - How can my audio suddenly change, I installed no patches !?
  - Where is the audio controls for the streaming plugin configured?

thanks,
-MythNoob
(Kingsley)