[mythtv-users] Required software for building from source

Warren Sturm wrsturm at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 25 22:01:22 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 17:49 -0400, Matt S. wrote:
> I've been using mythtv for a long time, and I've always built it from
> source, but I haven't had to rebuild my machines until recently and
> the list of required software in the documenation is severly lacking.
>
> Is there any good, current documenation that lists all the
> prerequisite software that myth needs?
>
> Primarily, what's needed for a backend vs frontend, what's needed for
> additional versus limited functionality, and what is minimal to
> compile and what is needed for "everything"?
>
> Thanks!
> Matt

Here is what I put together for myself to rebuild it on a newly
installed Fedora Core 8.  I don't think it has changed for Fedora 9.

Compiling Mythtv on Fedora 8

Requires:
	gcc-c++
	libstdc++-devel
	lame-devel
	libXv-devel
	libXxf86vm-devel
	libXmu-devel pulls in
		xorg-x11-util-macros

	qt-devel pulls in
		libICE-devel
		libSM-devel
		libXt-devel
		libjpeg-devel
		libmng-devel
		mesa-libGLU-devel
	qt-MySQL pulls in
		mysql-libs

may have to re-login or source /etc/profile.d/qt.sh