[mythtv-users] NAS mobo

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 17:22:16 UTC 2008

jedi wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 10:41:48PM -0400, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, Yan Seiner wrote:
>>
>>> I found a case that will take 20 SATA hard drives.  Cool!  So now I'm
>> So, after that whole discussion, the most important fac was left out.
>>
>> Where did you find this case ? :-)
>
>      What do you guys think about those little racks that allow you to put
> 3 sata drives into the space of 2 5.25 bays and have them be hot swappable
> like the KINGWIN KF-3000-BK?
lman/listinfo/mythtv-users

I have a 4 in 3 one, and as someone else said, except for the cost
the are pretty nice.   I believe I have a icydock brand one, and
I have had it for just under a year.

And there are some fairly cheap ($70) cases that have *8* external
5.25 bays, so you could put a number of disks in them with these.

On the plus side most of them come with a fan so you should have at
least reasonable airflow.

                  Roger