[mythtv-users] How to exclude finds from title search

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 20:26:48 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Tomi Makinen <makinen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I have this problem that I want to use title search to record shows, but I
> my problem is that some of the recordings are not wanted.
> Fex. I have title search for House, I also get some odd show called
> "skithouse"
>
> I can select "never record current showing", but I could I do never record
> with this title (fex. "skithouse").
> Or can I use titlesearch to Exactly match a title or use wildcards
> "house*". Even to specify what day the titlesearch is active. Or even do
> multiple titlesearches, one for each day.
> What can I do to prevent unwanted recordings?

If you use a power search, use an exact title match.  The clause should look
like this for your example:

program.title='House'

I'm not sure why you'd want multiple title searches for the same show.

Is there some reason this won't meet your needs?

Also, if you already have an episode of the show in your listings, you can
simply tell MythTV to record all episodes of that show on that channel or
all channels.

Carl Fongheiser