[mythtv-users] Cannot watch KQED recorded with HDHR on MythTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Aug 22 23:38:58 UTC 2008

On Aug 22, 2008, at 4:28 PM, Allen Edwards wrote:

> The only part of that post I understood was the comment by MM:
>
> "I have read and re-read your post several times, but I still cannot
> see
> how it works."
>
> Any possibility of a clear explanation?
>
> I have:
> 4 capture cards
> 1 video source (schedules direct 94301)
> 4 input connections connecting the 4 capture cards to the 1 video
> source
>
> What should I do now?

stop any myth processses
run mythtv-setup
Set up another video source. Choose the same grabber as your original
source. Give it a different name (like HDHR).
Change your Input Connections to point your HDHR input to your new
HDHR video source.
Go to the channel editor. Find the 9.x channels associated with your
HDHR video source (NOT the one associated with your original video
source)
Press 'D'elete when that channel selected.
Exit mythtv-setup
Start mythbackend
Do not run mythfilldatabase.
Run mythfrontend
Go to Settings/General Settings
Find the page that talks about mythfilldatabase command and arguments.
In the arguments section, add --remove-new-channels to whatever
arguments you might already have there (probably none).

You know.. just like that post said to do. :)

-Brad