[mythtv-users] HD Help - Slow Guide

David Madsen david.madsen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 17:38:27 UTC 2008

> I'll take a stab in the dark (not familiar with this graphics card)
> and guess that xvmc likely isn't working on this system, not sure if
> it's 100% possible for search around for your graphics card and xvmc
> and the magic should happen.

XvMC isn't supported on the newer 8xxx series nvidia cards so if the
older machine is using XvMC that could explain some of the difference.
 You may also want to check for this setting in your
/etc/X11/xorg.conf file in the "Device" section for the nvidia card:

        Option "UseEvents" "True"

Without this setting, I have seen the problem you are describing with
Xorg eating up 100% of the CPU.

--Dave Madsen