[mythtv-users] ITV HD working with SVN ffmpeg and help compiling mythtv on hardy heron 8.04

Paul Kendall paul at kcbbs.gen.nz
Wed Aug 20 09:59:55 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 20 August 2008 20:27:04 John Taylor wrote:
> The SVN ffmpeg now seems to support PAFF and spatial direct mode. I can now
> play ITV HD ts files in mplayer fine with no jerkiness and see the gerkin
> in all its glory! However, the mythtv player still doesn't see the stream.
>
> I can convert the ts using ffmpeg and -sameq so that the H264 video is
> lifted from its H222 container and then play from mythtv, but I'd rather
> use the ITV HD patch on the mailing list.
>
> I'm having problems compiling SVN mythtv on Ubuntu 8.04 (QT4 related
> problems it seems!)
>
> Is there a good how to on compiling mythtv on Hardy Heron?
>
> Thanks, John

I have a build of MythTV 0.21-fixes with ffmpeg updated to the latest version.
I also keep ffmpeg in my version up to date daily. I generally build the mythtv
ubuntu .deb files on my PPA when something major happens.

Anyway go to http://pkendall.homeip.net/?page_id=8 and you can find information
about my PPA repository.

Cheers,
Paul Kendall