[mythtv-users] HD Homerun question about both tuners

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Tue Aug 19 14:04:33 UTC 2008

Dan Ritter wrote:
> No settop boxes are involved with the HDHR at all. You plug
> coax connections into each tuner. You can use an antenna or a
> cable feed for either.

Can a single HD feed be split off, like it can with analog cable, or
would I have to get multiple feeds?  If it can be split off, I could
then put it into both tuners on the HD Homerun and record off of both,
or, do what I do now with the digital cable:

   - Single feed coming in from cable provider to 4-way splitter
   - 4-way splitter to:
     a.) cable modem (for Internet)
     b.) digital settop box (which i use to watch TV)
     c.) Two feeds to PVR-500 for recording TV (no digital channels
though; just analog)

Also, I seem to recall that the HD Homerun will not decrypt any
channels; that would have to be done by the settop box provided by the
cable company; the HD Homerun will only let you record "clear" channels,
whether HD or not... is that recollection correct?

-Alan