[mythtv-users] Can anyone play ATSC KQED recorded after 8/15?

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Mon Aug 18 23:59:33 UTC 2008

I have another thread going with the problems but I want to post under
this subject.

I can record fine and play the show with mplayer or mythweb but if I
try and play with either of two very different frontends, I get a gray
screen with noise on it and ultimately the frontend locks up and
requires a CTRL-ALT-BS to clear.  Also, once I look at at later KQED
preview, nothing will play.

Only happens with shows from KQED and only on ones recorded after
8/15.  Same bit rate shows recorded earlier play fine and everything
plays with mplayer.  Everything on any other channel plays fine.  The
Olympics plays and it is 1080i, same bit rate as KQED.  I have tried
this on several dozen shows and it is consistent.

This is OTA KQED San Francisco.

Can anyone else play files from KQED?

Allen