[mythtv-users] Backend seems to be crashing frontend -- recurring problem??

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Sun Aug 17 21:08:46 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Nick Morrott
<knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17/08/2008, Allen Edwards <allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com> wrote:
>
>> Here is top right now with my wife watching GMA and the olympics
>>  taping.  XORG looks high???  Everything is working fine and I don't
>>  see anything odd in the logs.
>
> How is your video playback profile configured? Are you trying to use
> XvMC? Your X CPU usage should not be that high. Do you have another
> video card you can drop in and test with?
>
> Which video card/video driver version?
>
> --
> Nick Morrott
>
> MythTV Official wiki:
> http://mythtv.org/wiki/
>
> "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin

I am using CPU++ and the usage was much lower than before the system
started having problems.  I am using nvidia driver 173.14.05

Before I switch video cards, do you find it strange that two frontends
act the same, either both work or both don't?  Do you think the video
card could hang up myth backend so that it won't serve either its
local or the remote frontend?  I don't have another PCI-express card.
I probably have an old PCI card or could borrow one from one of my
kids.

Allen