[mythtv-users] Remote Frontend not releasing encoders correctly

stev391 at email.com stev391 at email.com
Thu Aug 14 02:26:08 UTC 2008

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me.

My remote frontend machine is not releasing (freeing up) the encoders properly when you change channel or exit out.  I have not been able to reliably reproduce this issue to diagnose exactly what is at fault as it happens without displaying any error messages. Eventually it uses up all of my encoders and then reports to the user that all inputs are in use (the status page shows multiple LiveTV streams using all of the encoders).

My configuration is as follows:
1) Master Backend and Frontend
- Ubuntu Hardy Heron
- 2x DViCO DVB Dual Express
- 1x Leadtek DTV1000T
- Intel Core 2 Duo (E6600)
- Nvidia GForce 8800 ...

2) Remote Frontend
- Ubuntu Hardy Heron
- No TV cards
- Old P4
- NVidia GForce 6600 ...

Both machines are running the latest fixes branch. The network between the two is running at 100mbps over twisted pair.

The user of the Remote Frontend likes to change channels quiet frequently and I think this is contributing to the backend getting confused.  However if I attempt to replicate the quick channel changes the backend is keeping track of it.

Thanks,

Stephen.

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!