[mythtv-users] Bitrate/quality on PVR-150

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Tue Aug 12 23:16:20 UTC 2008

* Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> [2008 Aug 12 13:15 -0500]:

> There are no consumer capture devices that can handle content from
> HDMI.

So there is no way to use an HDMI output as a signal source.  Sad, and
I'm not much interested in HD right now, but I'm looking toward the
future.

> HD-PVR from Hauppauge can grab from component and it looks
> amazing - and nothing to do with MythTV. MythTV is software. Capture
> cards are hardware.

As I understand it, component video will be phased out in the future in
favor of HDMI.  I wonder if there will be a way to capture from an HDMI
source by that time.

- Nate >>