[mythtv-users] Recordings on smb nas and MythWeb

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Aug 12 22:26:24 UTC 2008

Jonas Urth Olsen wrote:
> Gabe Rubin wrote:
>> Mythweb won't display the thumbnails if you mount as as CIFS shares;
>> you will need to mount it as a NFS share to gain this functionality.

> Anybody know why?, the nas doesn't support nfs, so I can't use that.

I ran into this just a few weeks ago and spent a couple of frustrated
hours on it before tracking down the right bug reports.

There's a bug in the Linux CIFS driver that's triggered by Apache when
it tries to send images.  You can work around it by adding the following
to your Apache server configuration:

EnableSendfile off

This should probably go in a MythWeb FAQ somewhere, but I'm not sure where.