[mythtv-users] Recordings on smb nas and MythWeb

Jonas Urth Olsen jonasu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 21:30:16 UTC 2008

Hi

I have just moved all my recordings to a nas drive (Maxtor Central
Axis). I have some problems now. MythWeb won't sream, show the thumbnail
or let me download the recordings. everything else works, including my
remote frontend. The entry for mounting the drive looks like this in
/etc/fstab:
//10.0.0.200/Recordings /media/recordings cifs
uid=mythtv,gid=mythtv,password=XXXXX,username=mythtv

The log files for mythtvbackend or Apache doesn't show anything strange.
Apache returns:
"Can't read 1003_20080810233500.mpg: Permission denied"
to the browser, then I try to download a recording.

I have a feeling that it is a problem with file permissions. The
recordings are world writable. Im not sure Apache likes that. But I
can't find the options for cifs.mount to set file permissions.

I run Ubuntu 7.10 and MythTv 0.21 from the backport repository.

Is there anybody that can give me a hint?

/Jonas