[mythtv-users] MythTV for iPhone

Dave Pearson lists at netsalve.com
Tue Aug 12 21:07:12 UTC 2008

Chris Carey wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Scott D. Davilla <davilla at 4pi.com> wrote:
>
>>  Will your web app be capable of transcoded streaming?
>>

> I used this howto to get a "Convert to iPod" Job added in MythTV. You
> can enable the "Convert to iPod" job when setting up recording
> schedules, or from the play menu in mythfrontend (to encode shows you
> forgot to check the box on). I plan to also include an option in the
> web app to transcode shows which are not yet transcoded. That is, if
> we don't get transcode on-the-fly working first.
>
> http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Streaming_to_iPod_touch_or_iPhone

First off Chris, thanks for all your hard work in getting MythTV for
iPhone working, I've been using it for a few days now and it works
really well if I use the script from the above guide.

I would, however, like to use the video2ipod script, but cannot get
mythiphone to recognize the transcoded video files, even though they
have the same filename format (chanid_starttime.mpg.mp4). Do you have
any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Regards,
Dave.