[mythtv-users] Configuration for Australia

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 08:21:13 UTC 2008

Hello mythtv users,

First, I am new to this list - is there a searchable archive available
- I could not locate one?

I wish to build a myth TV setup for my home in Australia. I am looking
at building a client-server settup. I want to feed into the server two
hi-def digital tuners and possibly a composite AV stream.

On the client side, I want to output the video stream in HDMI I will
also be looking at buying a blu-ray player or possibly integrating
something in. Thoughts?

Can someone please suggest good quality tested hi-def tuner cards that
work in Australia? I would prefer something that is not going to tax
the CPU too hard (is this needed with digital TV?). What are my
choices?

I am also after a recommendation for the client side that is going to
fit well in the av cabinet. Again, HDMI is important, quality decoding
in hardware, quiet etc. Perhaps even boot from compact flash or
something.

Many thanks

Phil

--