[mythtv-users] Save recording on DVD?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Aug 12 02:03:23 UTC 2008

Nick Rout wrote:

> perhaps someone should take a leaf out of dvbcut's book. It does frame
> accuarte mpeg2 chopping and has a very good interface (if you are
> using a mouse).

I've used dvbcut before.  It's a nifty program, although about one time
out of five it creates a corrupt file where the video and audio play
back at massively different speeds.  I used it once to chop up a video
capture of a VHS tape with a couple dozen shorts on it, and I had to go
back and rework several because of that.  mythtranscode doesn't seem to
have that problem, maybe because it doesn't try to monkey around between
keyframes.