[mythtv-users] Dish Network, MythTV not recording - Part 2

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 01:17:20 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 8:03 PM, Rodney Myers <rdmyers at mtpalomar.net> wrote:
> On Aug 9, 2008, at 5:16 PM, Mitch Gore wrote:
>
>>> How is the STB connected to the PVR card?
>>>
>>> Mitchell
>>>

>> This page will also be of some help:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Using_an_IR_Blaster_with_MythTV
>
> Thank you for the link. Though my MythTV is just used to record shows. I
> have the Dish receiver tuning on it's own.
>
> This works, most of the time, for everything, up to USA Network, not sure
> why it is not functioning on the higher channels.

how is it connected to your PVR card?

Let me guess its all channels above 125?  maybe thats cause the tuner
is a 125 channel tuner!

Right of Hauppauge website:
Watch TV on your PC screen using a 125 channel cable ready TV tuner.
Surf the net while you watch TV on your PC screen! Includes a dbx-TV
stereo decoder, for great TV sound.

You need to connect you STB to your PVR card via RCA cables or
S-video.  Then set up a IR Blaster to change the channels on the STB.
Then change you input connections so your Dish box is connected to the
appropriate input.

Mitchell