[mythtv-users] user jobs - commercial removal

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Aug 9 00:58:10 UTC 2008

On Aug 8, 2008, at 5:46 PM, J wrote:

> hello,
> I'm trying to add a commercial removing script to my user jobs.....
> but I can't figure how to use the parameters..... the script needs
> [ Usage: /usr/share/comRemove/comRemoveScript <VideoDirectory>
> <FileName> ] and when I give it %DIR% %FILE% it really gets myth://
> 192.168.1.50:6543/1038_20080805215900.mpg/1038_20080805215900.mpg am
> I doing something or are the parameters incorrect that %DIR% gives?
>
> script found here: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Script_-_RemoveCommercials
> user jobs page found here: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User_Jobs
>
> thank you!
> any other information that people know about using this script would
> be appreciated......
>
> hope all is well,

Do you have your videos on another backend somewhere else? Or maybe
you have "Always stream files from backend" turned on? In order to use
a script on remote file, you'll need to NFS mount remote videos to the
same path on each backend to it can find them locally and turn off the
"Always stream files from backend" setting so it will look locally for
the files instead of giving you a network path to them.